Home Page 中文
              Xi'an History Tour Guide Your Reliable History Tour Guide         
About Me Historical Brief Historical Site Historical Antique Historical Tour Contact Me
 
     
 

Ban Po Museum
The Terra-Cotta Warriors Museum
The Big Wild Goose Pagoda
The Great Mosque
Qian Mausoleam
The Museum of Stone Forest
The Little Wild Goose Pagoda
The City Wall
Shaanxi History Museum
 Han Yang Ling Museum
Gao jia ancient –styled folk house
Guanzhong Folk Art Museum
Longmen Grottoes
Wu Dang Mountain
The Cao Tang temple
 


         Ban Po Museum
          The Banpo Neolithic Village ( banpo yizhi) lies 6 kilometers east of XI’AN. This excavated site of village dates back some 6,000 years and was first discovered in 1953.During that period, the village was called BAN PO village and distinct culture of these villagers was known Yang shao culture. The site shows the houses and graves of some 300 people, giving insight into their primitive yet well developed lifestyle. Inside the village, you will discover some 45 houses, 6 pottery kilns. 200 storage pits, 250 adults’ tombs and children’s burial jars which were unearthed.Agriculture began at this stage in the middle and upper reaches of the Yellow river. The Banpo people began to cultivate cereals, especially millet, and to form settlements. There is evidence of numerous villages
More>>         
        The Terra-Cotta Warriors Museum

       In 1974 local farmers digging a well near present-day Xi’an unearthed parts of clay figures, opening the way to one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of all time. The Terracotta Army was a total surprise. The 8,000 clay warriors and horses has been buried in 210BCE as a ‘spirit army ‘ to stand watch over the body of the First Emperor, and had been lying hidden for over two millennia. The museum consists of 3 main buildings named Pit1, Pit2 and Pit3 which were constructed on their original sites in different periods of time. Inside the pits, you will find the bare hand soldier, the military officer, cavalrymen, archers and horses standing in battle formation. The army is stunningly well preserved and no two warriors are alike. The archers have bodies and limbs positioned in strict accordance with an ancient book named “ The Art of War”.

More>>         
       the Big Wild Goose Pagoda
         The Big Wild Goose Pagoda was built in 652A.D. and stands in what was formerly the Temple of Great Marternal Grace. Legend has it that the temple was built by Emperor Tang Gaozong in honoyr of his deceased mother Empress Wende. It was built to house and protect the Buddhist scriptures brought back from Iindia by the travelling monk Xuan Zang. This impressive, fortress-like wood and brick building rises to 64m and 7-story tall.
More>>         
        The Great Mosque

     This is among the largest mosque in China. It stands North-West of Drum Tower and is built a Chinese architectural style with most of the grounds .Still an active place of worship, the mosque holds several prayer services each day. Strolling through the Mosque’s traditional Chinese gardens, you will be enlightened by the typical Chinese archways and pavilions decorated with colorful Chinese paintings. The main worship hall contains the words of the Koran carved in wood, both in Chinese and Arabic. This mix of Chinese and Arabic makes the visit all the more intriguing.

More>>         
        Qian Mausoleam

       This is one of the most impressive tombs situated 85 km north-west 0f XI’AN. This is the joint resting-place of Tang Emperor GAO ZONG and his wife Empress WU Ze Tan.
       The Empress Wu was condemned as a vicious woman and ruthless ruler. It is likely that this view had its origins in the poisoned brushes of the court historians who were supporters of rival factions, and upholders of traditional standards which denied women a role in public life, and expected them to remain subservient to the men. It is not possible to say how much of traditional story of her rise to power is based on fact. But even if only a small portion were true, then the empress showed her to be possessed of infinite political skill as well as of an iron nerve and a level of head.

More>>         
        The Museum of Stone Forest

       Xi'an BinLin was initially founded in A.D 1087 .With continuous conservation and supplement in the past dynasties, there are 7table showroom,6 table corridors and 7 table pavillions at present with more than 3000 pieces collections of stone tables and epitaphs, in which above 1000 pieces are being exhibited.Here numerous stone tables stand like forest with different calligraphy styles and most famous calligraphers in Chinese history.There is also a large quantity of histirical records and inscriptions perserved here, such as Kaicheng Stone Classics of Tang Dynasty, 114 stone tables formed into rows of screens, total 650,000 words,Stone-bace Classic of Filial Piety with unique structure was prefaced, written and noted by Emperor of Tang Dynasty.

More>>         
        The Little Wild Goose Pagoda
      The  Small Wild Goose Pagoda stands in Da Jianfu Temple, to the south of the walled city. The temple, was originally established in 684 A.D. in honor of Li Zhi - Emperor Gaozong of Tang dynasty. It was particularly associated with Buddhist Monk Yijing, who translated Buddhist scriptures he had brought back from India.
       The temple was the place where the great translator Monk Yijing translated Buddhist scriptures. Yijing set out by sea for India in search of Buddhist principle in 671. On his way back to China with some 400 volumes of holy Sanskirt scriptures after traveling over 30 countries for more than 20 years, he once stayed on Island of Sumatra in Indonesia for investigation. Yijing translated altogether 56 volumes of scriptures in Da Jianfu Temple and wrote the book Biography of Eminent Monks in the Tang dynasty in Search of Buddhist Truth in India, which was regarded as a companion to Pilgrimage to India by Xuanzang, and of great help to the study of Chinese and Indonesian history and the cultural exchange.
More>>         
        The City Wall

         The Xi'an City Wall is not only the most complete city wall that has survived in China.It is also one of the largest and most complete ancient military defence systems in the world.The walls were built on the fortification systems in the world. They form a rectangle with a circumference of 14 km.You can get up the walls and take a few photographs as it commands a nice view of the city.
     But these walls have been repaired, strengthened, and extended so many times that it is usually impossible to say when any of them were originally built. To the early Chinese a wall was so necessary for a settlement that they used the same word-ch’eng-to mean either “city” or “Wall”.

More>>         
        Shaanxi History Museum

      Shaanxi History Museum is a good-sized modern national museum and was completed and opened to the public in June 1991.It covers an area of 70,000m².  The entire building complex assumes the architectural features of the Tang Dynasty. The museum houses the best cultural heritage of Shaanxi Province and shows the systematic development process of Chinese civilization.
    The museum houses 113,000 historic and cultural relics unearthed in Shaanxi. The display area measures 1100m² and is divided into seven major sections: Prehistoric Age, Zhou, Qin, Han, Wei Jin Southern and Northern Dynasty, Sui, Tang, Song, Yuan, Ming and Qing Dynasties. All the exhibitions vividly depict the history of Shaanxi Province from 1,150,000 years ago to 1840 AD. Historically, 15 dynasties have established their capitals in Shaanxi Province.  

More>>         
        Han Yang Ling Museum

          Situated near Wei River in the northern suburb of Xi`an city, Han Yang Ling Mausoleum is the historical site designated for state protection. This mausoleum which combines modern technology, ancient civilization, historical culture and garden scenery, is built at the base of the joint tomb of Emperor Jindi and his Empress. It is the largest museum in China.
          Emperor Jindi (188BC—141BC), named Liu Qi, was the fourth Emperor of the Western Han Dynasty. During his 17-year reign, he adhered to the philosophy of Yellow Emperor and Saint Laozi, whose main doctrine was to follow the natural principles. He developed a peaceful relationship with the Huns through intermarriage, and reduced the burden of tax and penalty. According to historical records, “the state revenue of the ancient capital was brimming with coins that the ropes, used for tying, decayed, leaving them impossible to count. Foods in state storage was permeated, most of them decayed”.  Emperor Jindi, together with his father Emperor Wendi, opened a golden era of harmony in the early feudal society, which was later regarded as “the Great Reign of

More>>        
        Gao jia ancient –styled folk house
         The former residence of GAO Yue song is located at No.144 of Bei Yuan Men Xian. The whole villa covers an area of 2517m. In total, there are 86 rooms of which 56 rooms are open to the public. It is mainly a brick and wood structure. GAO Yue Song was born in Zhen Jing, jing Su province. 200 years ago, he took the imperial examination and placed second. All seven generations of the GAO family got official position in the Royal palace.
          In 1966, the government confiscated the residence. It was listed as ‘ key project of Sino-Norway Historical Districts Protection’ in 1999, and invested in by Norway. The residence was thoroughly repaired, and won the ‘Prize for Cultural Heritage Protection in Asian-pacific Area of UNCESO’ in 2002. In 2003, the art department of Xian Traditional Chinese Painting institute took charge of renovation for the residence. It was assigned as the teaching base for the Architecture Department Norway Trondheim University and postgraduate of Xia Architecture and Technology University,
More>>     
        Guanzhong Folk Art Museum

       Guanzhong Folk Art Museum was found by Mr Wang Yongchao through the course of more than 20 years of dedicated work. The museum is private run cultural tourism enterprise which aims at protecting, rescuing, researching, and interpreting the folk art heritage. The museum is located in the core area of the geo-park at the foot of the South Wutai Mountain well known as the Buddhist holy place in the Sui and Tang dynasties. It covers a construction area of 82 acres and was built in the typical Ming and Qingg garden style, elegant, simple, magnificent and well arranged. Since it was found, more than 33,600 folk cultural relics from the Chow, Qin, Han and Tang has been rescued and collected. Among the collections, the most important ones are the 40 relocated Ming and Qing style ancient folk courtyards and over 8000 piece of the stone hitching-posts from different dynasties. Those precious collections have witnessed the development and cultural inheritance of China.

More>>         
        Longmen Grottoes

     The Longmen Grottoes is one of the finest examples of Chinese Buddhist art. Housing tens of thousands of statues of Buddha and his disciples, they are located 12 kilometers south of present day Luoyang in Henan province, China. The images, many once painted, were carved into caves excavated from the limestone’s cliffs of the Xiangshan and Longmen mountains, running east and west.
      There are as many as 100,000 statues within the 1,400 caves, ranging from a 1 inch (25mm) to 57 feet (17 meters) in height. The area also contains nearly 2,500 steles and inscriptions, whence the name “Forest of Ancient Steles”, as well as over sixty Buddhist pagodas. Situated in a scenic natural environment, the caves were dug from a 1 kilometer stretch of cliff running along both banks of the rivers. 30% date from the Northern Wei Dynasty and 60% from the Tang, caves from other periods accounting for less than 10% of the total. Starting with the Northern Wei Dynasty in 493 AD, patrons and donors included emperors, Wu Zetian (empress Wu), members of the royal family, other rich families, generals, and religious group.
    

More>>     

           Wu Dang Mountain

     The Wu Dang Mountain consists of a small mountain range in the northwest part of Hubei, China. They are home to famous complexes of Taoist temple and monasteries associated with god Xuan Wu. The Wudang Mountains are renowned for the practice of Taichi and Taoism as the Taoist counterpart to the Shaolin Monastery, which is affiliated with Chinese Chan Buddhism.
      For centuries, the mountains of Wudang have been known as an important center of Taoism, especially famous for its Taoist versions of martial arts or Taichi.
      The first site of worship-the Five Dragons Temple-was constructed at the behest of Taizong of Tang. Further structures were added during the Song and Yuan dynasties, while the largest complex on the mountain was built during the Ming dynasty (14th-17th) as the Yongle Emperor claimed to enjoy the protection of the god Beidi or Xuan Wu. Temples regularly had to be rebuilding, and not all survived; the oldest extant structures are the Golden Hall and the Ancient Bronze Shrine, made in 1307. Other noted structures include Nanyang Palace (built in 1285-1310 and extended in 1312), the stone-walled Forbidden city at the peak (built in 1419), and the Purple Cloud Temple (built in 1119-26, rebuilt in 1413 and extended in 1803-20).
      The monasteries such as the Wudang Garden were made a UNEESCO world Heritage Site in 1994.

More>>     
  
     The Cao Tang temple

     The Caotnag temple is located at the north foot of Guifeng Mountain in the Caotangying village of the Huxian County, 50 more kilometers southwest of the city of Xian.
      The Caotang temple became a scared monastery where Buddhist Abbe Kumarajiva translated Buddhist scriptures. Kumarajiva, born in India, who have inborn talents and was called a prodigy when he was young. At the age seven, he left home travel with his mother and became a monk. He was already versed in the three Buddhist classics: mainly Sutrapitaka( Jing Zang), Vinayapitaka ( Lu Zang),and Abhidha Grmapitaka( Lun Zang). Then he gained the name, Master Tripitaka( Master of Three Buddhist Classics). After miscellaneous up and downs, Kumarajiva was invited to Chang’an in 401 A.D by Yao Xing, king of the later Qin, and was treated as the national master.
    

More>>     
 
 
 
     
Copyright Reserved(2011)    Contact Me: Tel:+0086-139 9198 7358   Email: 13991987358@139.com